Opportunity Scholarship Grants
On October 1, 2013, the North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority (NCSEAA) released information for parents wishing to apply for the Opportunity Scholarship Grants.
Click here for the updated program overview as well as for a link to the Frequently Asked Questions regarding the program.
Applying for Opportunity Scholarships
- Online applications are available now.
- New and renewal applicants must report up-to-date annual gross income for all household members when they complete the application.
- Details regarding deadlines for applications may be found in the program overview.
Eligibility for the Academic Year and Beyond
A student who has received a high school diploma is not eligible.
An eligible student must live in a household whose income meets the Income Eligibility Guidelines established by the Opportunity Scholarship Program.
A student must also meet ONE of the following requirements:
• Was a full-time student assigned to and attending a North Carolina public school for the previous semester
• Received an Opportunity Scholarship during the previous school year
• Is entering kindergarten or first grade
• Is a child in foster care
• Is a child who was adopted within the last year
For more details or answers to questions, contact OpportunityScholarships@ncseaa.edu or call toll free, 1-855-330-3955.
Additional information is available at www.ncseaa.edu