Thirty-six schools from across the state competed in the 2015 NCCSA Fine Arts Competition. FCS was entered in several categories and had many students and groups place in the top 3 in the state.
Our middle school band and choir placed in all five events we entered.
- Band – 1st (4th time in 5 years)
- Large Instrumental Ensemble – 1st
- Choral Group – 1st
- Youth Choir – 2nd
- Large Vocal Ensemble – 3rd
The High School Band came in 2nd place and the Large Instrumental Ensemble came in 1st place.
We had three students place in speech.
- Hannah Kennon- 2nd Declamation
- Tori Simmons- 2nd Religious Interpretation
- Ally Murr- 3rd Dramatic Interpretation
We also had several students participate in academic testing and journalism earlier in the semester with many of them placing in the top three in the state.
- Karie Jensen: 1st place Jr Hi OT Survey
- Karie Jensen: 3rd place Jr Hi NT Survey
- Caleb Greear: 1st place Jr Hi History/Geography
- Aaron Walker: 1st place Sr Hi Music Theory
- Vickie Salerno: 3rd place Jr Hi Poetry
Our art students faired very well with 13 of our students placing in the top 3 in the state. (See previous post for the list of those who placed in art)
Thank you and congratulations to all who worked hard and represented FCS at Fine Arts.